March 11, 2008

Green City


I really should not be revealing our secrets...in case you all decide to move here.
But Saint Paul and Minneapolis are wonderful cities for gardening and getting outdoors
(if you don't mind hibernating for 5 months or so).

(From The City of St. Paul Website)
The Saint Paul Division of Parks and Recreation Operates:
101 parks
41 recreation centers
three golf courses
two city pools
Como Zoo
the Marjorie McNeely Conservatory


Maintains: 450,000 trees
101 miles of paved off-street trails
30 miles of bike lanes
10.8 miles of bike routes
30.3 miles of striped shoulders
24 miles of dirt trails
160 unique garden sites
150 hanging baskets
Is accredited by the Commission for Accreditation of Park & Recreation Agencies (CAPRA)
One of only 59 park agencies nationwide to have received this accreditation and one of only three in Minnesota

1 comment:

kate said...

Everyone I've ever met from Minneapolis/St. Paul have been great. I've found the same thing with bloggers too. One of my favourite blogs, http://cooknkate.wordpress.com, is from there.

I'm trying to figure out the river. I'd say the Red, but I doubt it. I just know it floods often.